Early Caribbean Society
The Early Caribbean Society (earlycaribbeansociety.com) would like to invite essay submissions for the inaugural issue of its peer-reviewed journal, Caribbeana (http://openjournals.neu.edu/caribbeana/cbn/index), which will appear online in January 2015.
We welcome essays about any aspect of the early Caribbean—defined as prior to 1900. In addition to scholarly essays we are also interested in brief commentary on matters of significant interest to those studying the early Caribbean. More specifically we are seeking contributors for book reviews, and brief essays about pedagogy and compelling archival materials.
· Blind submission: Name and identifying information should be removed from within the body of the article
· Article length: 5-9,000 words in length, not including bibliography and notes
· Book Reviews, Pedagogy essays, and Notes from the Archives: 2500-5,000
· Chicago documentation system
· Submissions for inaugural issue are due by November 15, 2014
· Submissions after this date and up until July 15, 2015 will be considered for the next issue, which will appear September 2015
· Essays can be uploaded to: http://openjournals.neu.edu/caribbeana/cbn/login
· For more information or details contact: Nicole Aljoe, email@example.com
Caribbeana: The Journal of the Early Caribbean Society